Take advantage of gifts purchase
in our e-shop
The company AIR - TRANSPORT EUROPE, Ltd. was established by physical entities in 1991 with primary objective to perform helicopter
emergency medical service (EMS) in the Poprad region, namely in the High Tara Mountains. In the same year the company started to pursue activities in
the field of special aerial Works (logging, liming, construction and assembly works and aerial Works in agriculture).
- The new premises for HEMS base Krištof 01 in Bratislava were opened in the Airport M.R. Štefánika area.
- The company AIR-TRANSPORT EUROPE, Helicopter Emergency Medical Service operator, became the regular member of ICAR-CISA in Åre, Sweden, at the Congress of International Commission for Air Rescue. By this step the Slovak air rescuers have joined 63 rescue organizations from 33 countries all over the world that are already the members of this professional association.
- April 2011 - The company AIR-TRANSPORT EUROPE celebrated 20th anniversary of its establishment.
- The ninth rescue helicopter Agusta A109K2 (OM – ATL) has arrived to the seat of the company.
- ATE has upgraded its fleet by up-to-date jet aircraft Cessna Citation 560 Encore, which will be used for medical purposes for transportation of patients, as well as for passenger transportation.
- In order to improve the quality of provided services ATE has expanded its fleet by another rescue helicopters Agusta A109K2 (OM – ATJ, OM - ATK).
- On the basis of the Ministry of Health of the Slovak Republic License for Operation of Helicopter Emergency Medical Service bases ATE took over the operation at HEMS at Žilina (located in the area of Teaching Hospital with Policlinic) on November 9, 2009, and on December 10, 2006 ATE opened another HEMS base at the airport at Trenčín
- Následne 10.12.2009 otvorila spoločnosť ATE Stanicu VZZS aj na letisku v Trenčíne.
- The first night technical rescue mission using the hoist in high-mountain terrain in the history of Slovak aviation implemented.
- The Agreement on Cooperation in Rescue with Tatrzańske Ochotnicze Pogotowie Ratunkowe (TOPR) was signed.
- The first night emergency mission in high-mountain terrain performed using night vision googles in the Western Tatra Mountains.
- The new rescue system Rollgliss is being introduced. The new rescue technique is taken over by Helicopter Emergency Medical Service ATE from the Swiss rescue organization REGA that is successfully applying this technique in the Alps.
- Opening of a new HEMS base and hangar in the area of Roosevelt Hospital with Policlinic at Banská Bystrica.
- Opening of new HEMS base at Nitra.
- Training of ATE pilots for flying with special technology for night vision under supervision of Swiss HEMS REGA instructor was implemented. Within the V4 countries AIR- TRANSPORT EUROPE is the first one to use the Night Vision Goggles for emergency missions.
- The list of superior-quality Helicopter Emergency Medical Service bases was completed with the base at Banská Bystrica. The fourth A109 K2 helicopter of the company AIR - TRANSPORT EUROPE was stationed there.
- For the needs of HEMS the company purchased a special ambulance van RTW Mercedes Benz Sprinter 903.6 with navigation video-system, positioning bed and complete medical equipment for emergency medical service.
- In the presence of governmental agents ATE officially introduced to operation three specialized helicopters of Italian made Agusta A109 K2 intended for Helicopter Emergency Medical Service bases at Poprad, Košice and Bratislava.
- The company started to use giant aircraft of Ukrainian made An-124 ”Ruslan“ for transportation of over-sized cargo.
- AIR - TRANSPORT EUROPE purchased highly specialized helicopter of Italian made A109K2, specially constructed for the Helicopter Emergency Medical Service. The real technical top helicopter thus becomes the standard technical equipment of HEMS.
- In 1997 the company updated the fleet by world top French helicopter AS 355N Ecureuil and PLZ Kania helicopter.
- New bases of HEMS at Bratislava and Banska Bystrica were opened.
- Rental and operation of 164-seat aircraft Tu-154B for flights for travel agencies from Bratislava.
- The company purchased the aircraft L-410 UVP-E1 for long-distance transportation of patients.
- Purchase of 76-seat aircraft Tu-134A, transportation of travel agencies clients, first of all from the Poprad and Košice airports.
- ATE expanded its helicopter fleet by French helicopters AS355 F1 Ecureuil.
- The company started to operate charter transportation of persons and cargo by rented aircraft of Russian made: An-24, An-26, An-30, YAK-42, Tu-134A a Tu-154M.
- Opening of a new Helicopter Emergency Medical Service at Košice.
- The first EMS helicopter in the company – French SA 316B Alouette III – was introduced to operation on the base of Helicopter Emergency Medical Service at Poprad.
- ATE introduced to operation Polish helicopters Mi-2 and also helicopters Mi-8T and Mi-8P for special aerial works.
- Rental of Mi-17 helicopter and the largest cargo Mi-26T helicopter for transportation of over-sized cargo.